01.01.2003 -main course - lamb
Eggplant stuffed with Lamb and Parmesan
« Original and flavorful, these stuffed eggplants are easy to prepare, if a little fiddly. Choose eggplants with a firm, shiny skin and check that the stem has not dried out, otherwise the eggplant will be a little bitter and will spoil the taste of the dish. » Send to a friend Print Send your comment
To prepare the ingredients
- Cut the eggplants in half and soften them in a low oven at 300°F (150°C) for about 45 minutes
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them finely with a knife
- Fry the mushrooms in a frying pan in a little olive oil to evaporate their water.
- When they are cooked, mix them with the lamb
- Carefully remove the flesh from the eggplants, taking take not to damage the skin. Set the skins aside
- Press the eggplant flesh through a sieve. Add the sesame paste and season with salt and pepper
- Place a layer of the meat/mushroom mixture in the bottom of each eggplant skin, cover it with a layer of eggplant flesh and sprinkle with Parmesan
- Put the eggplants into an oven dish and bake for 10 minutes on low heat until golden
- Serve immediately.
Suggested drink or winesA Coteaux du Languedoc Domaine Querelle 2002
Share this recipe