01.01.2003 -MAIN COURSE - DUCK BREAST
Honey-glazed duck breasts with spices and Szechuan pepper
« Duck Send to a friend Print Send your comment
is a wonderful meat that works perfectly coated in sweet and sour flavors enhanced with spices. You can also discover the delights of Szechuan pepper
in this recipe, also known as "anesthetic pepper" »
- Mix the coriander seeds with the peppercorns in a mortar and crush finely
- Heat the honey in a frying pan on high heat
- Heat for 2-3 minutes until the honey has lightly caramelized
- Pour in the vinegar and stir well to dissolve the honey
- Add the cinnamon, cumin, pepper and crushed coriander
- Reduce for 5 minutes on a low heat until the consistency is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Cooking the duck breast
- Score the duck breast skin in a criss-cross pattern.
- Sprinkle the duck breasts with salt and rub into the meat well
- Place the duck breasts skin side down in a Dutch oven
- Pour the spiced honey syrup over the duck breasts
- Cook on medium heat in an oven preheated to 450°F (230°C/Gas Mark 8)
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Turn the duck breasts over and cook for 3 minutes
- Grill for 1 minute until the outside is nicely caramelized
- Keep warm for 5 minutes to allow the meat to rest and do not let it soak in the cooking liquid
- Serve the duck breast cut into slices of about 1/5" (4-5 mm) on warm plates.
SuggestionThis dish would be perfect served in fall accompanied by a squash gratin
Share this recipe