01.01.2003 -pasta - pesto
Spaghetti with arugula pesto
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
You might think this is just another pasta
dish. Maybe, but this spaghetti is accompanied by a special kind of pesto where the sweet basil has been replaced by arugula to give an even better result. It's fast and easy; I leave it to you to decide whether you want to serve it as an accompaniment, antipasto or main course. »
- Peel and coarsely crush garlic cloves
- Grate lemon peel to obtain zest
- Wash and spin arugula well
- Brown pine nuts in non-stick frying pan over high heat for 3 to 4 min
- Pour pine nuts into blender
- Add grated Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, arugula leaves, garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Blend ingredients to a very smooth purée. A little olive oil can be added if the purée is too thick.
- Correct seasoning by salting and peppering
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until pasta is al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and pour into mixing bowl
- Pour pesto onto pasta and mix well.
- Decorate with a few arugula leaves and roasted pine nuts that you set aside.
SuggestionThis is the perfect basic recipe to use as an accompaniment to any type of escalope. You turn it into a complete dish by adding grilled pancetta, for example, or cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, or maybe broccoli.
I also like adding walnut pieces to the pasta.
Share this recipe