01.01.2003 -desert - sabayon
Hot fudge sabayon with dark chocolate
« Sabayon Send to a friend Print Send your comment
alone is a dessert
that will send you to the moon, but what can we say when it Is combined with vanilla
ice cream and melted chocolate
?! This dessert is a wonderful hot/cold treat with a unique texture: soft, melting and airy. »
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz (80g) of dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp (20g) of butter
- ½ C (10cl) of sweet white wine
- 1/3 C (75g) of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Melt chocolate and butter of bain-marie
- Mix egg yolks, sugar and white wine
- Place recipient over bain-marie at 140/160°F (60/70°C)
- Beat with a whisk for 10 to 15 minutes until mixture becomes a warm, light mousse. The mixture should make a ribbon, meaning that it is thickened. The mixture sticks to the whisk and slowly drops.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a tall glass
- Pour melted chocolate over ice cream and cover with sabayon.
SuggestionYou can do a lot of experimenting with your sabayon recipe. Today I made the recipe with sweet wine, a grand cru from Alsace, Zotzenberg 2002 Tokay Pinot gris de Boeckel. When choosing the wine, I think that you should avoid wines that are too sweet or a syrupy wine. I think that a sweet Vouvray would be interesting in this recipe. Perhaps Patrick Chazallet could help me chose the ideal wine?
Otherwise, you may also flavor your Sabayon with a touch of rum, Cointreau or orange juice.
Share this recipe