01.01.2003 -dessert - clafoutis
Clafoutis with cherries and dark chocolate
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
A variation of the traditional clafoutis that combines two ingredients that go very well together: chocolate
- 1 lb (500 g) of firm, ripe red cherries or dark cherries
- 1 C (140 g) of sugar
- 5 ½ oz (150 g) of dark chocolate for cooking
- ¾ C (150 g) of flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ C (5 cl) of kirsch
- 1 C (25 cl) of milk
- 2 tbsp (30 g) of melted butter
Preparation of ingredients:
- Wash and remove stems from cherries.
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Melt chocolate over bain-marie.
- Generously butter a baking dish.
- Whisk sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add flour, then milk and kirsch, mix well and add melted butter and chocolate.
- Place cherries in the bottom of the baking dish, cover with mixture and put in oven. Cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Suggested drink or winesWine suggestion: Maydie du Domaine Laplace in Madiran.
Share this recipe