01.01.2003 -dessert - chocolate
Chocolate Ramekins with Caramel and Hazelnuts
« Delicious little chocolate cream pots flavored with caramel and accompanied by crunchy hazelnuts. An exquisite sweet treat for a dessert, snack or to round off a meal. »
Send to a friend Print Send your comment
||Dessert – chocolate – caramel – nuts - hazelnut - sweet
|Level of difficulty
||Preparation: 45 minutes - Cooking: 1½ hours – Refrigeration (optional): 3 hours
Ingredients for the caramel
- 3/5 cup (80 g) whole hazelnuts
- 1 1/5 cup (230 g) superfine sugar
- 8 individual ramekins
- Parchment paper
To prepare the chocolate ramekins
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Break the chocolate, slice it thinly and put it in a heatproof bowl. Set aside
- Heat the cream (on medium heat) in a small saucepan. As soon as it starts to come to the boil, remove it from the heat and gradually add the chocolate. Stir well until the chocolate has melted
- Beat the egg yolks in a bowl with the sugar and gradually add the chocolate cream, coffee and hazelnut liqueur
- Sieve the mixture and let it cool down, skimming the top regularly
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins (almost to the brim). You can burst any bubbles that form on the surface
- Cover the ramekins with small squares of parchment paper. Put the covered ramekins into a large, deep, ovenproof dish and half fill with water (to make a bain-marie)
- Bake in the oven for about an hour
- Once cooked, take the ramekins out of the oven, remove the parchment paper and let them cool down. Put them in the refrigerator for 3 hours, covered in plastic wrap.
To prepare the hazelnut caramel
- Dry-roast the hazelnuts in a very hot frying pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Set them aside in a lightly buttered roasting dish
- Next, dissolve the sugar in 1 cup (25 cl) of water in a small saucepan. Stir well, bring to the boil and simmer on a very low heat for about 8 minutes
- As soon as the mixture turns to caramel, stir it regularly so that it cooks evenly
- Once cooked, coat the hazelnuts with the caramel and set aside to cool.
- Serve the ramekins on a dessert plate, accompanied by the hazelnut caramel (broken into small pieces).
SuggestionTo add another flavor to the dessert, you could also put a few walnut kernels and almonds into the mixture.
You could even try serving the same recipe in shot glasses. The effect would be impressive.
Share this recipe