01.01.2003 -dessert - chocolate
Chocolate cake with cherries
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
A delicious cake
that makes a perfect dessert
for a festive
meal. A cake that is rich in chocolate
with cherries throughout and will make a great effect when served in thin slices. »
- 1 cake mold that holds about 1 quart (1liter)
- Drain cherries and set aside juice.
- Melt small pieces of chocolate over bain-marie and gradually add butter cut in small pieces. Constantly stir to mix well. Keep warm.
- Cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise and put it in a saucepan with milk and cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat to let it infuse.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar in a saucepan.
- Gradually add hot milk – cocoa mixture while constantly beating.
- Heat mixture over low heat while stirring constantly, without boiling, until mixture has the consistency of cream.
- Remove cream from heat and let it cool until just warm.
- Then gradually add melted chocolate and cherry juice to the cream, while whipping with a whisk. Let the mixture cool and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour a quarter of the refrigerated chocolate cream into the cake mold. Add one third of the cherries evenly over the surface of the cream.
- Repeat operation, finish by adding the last quarter of chocolate cream.
- Smooth the surface with a spatula and refrigerate cake for 24 hours.
- Before serving, unmold the cake on a platter (dip the mold in hat water for a few moments to make unmolding easier).
- Cut the cake into fine slices and serve one or two slices on each plate.
SuggestionAccompany this delicious cake with strong vanilla-flavored custard or warm vanilla pudding.
Share this recipe