16.05.2008 -starter - fish
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
This smooth, creamy terrine
is loaded with mouth-watering fish
flavors. Put this terrine on your cold buffet and you'll see right away what a hit it makes. »
- Blend fish, garlic and onion in blender; blend rather finely
- Add eggs, heavy cultured cream and rusks
- Blend to obtain a smooth frothy consistency
- Add chopped flat-leaf parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Butter inside of terrine
- Pour half of fish mixture in bottom of terrine
- Place a layer of shrimp on first layer
- Pour rest of mixture to cover completely
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF / 180 °C
- Bake in water bath for 45 minutes
- Serve warm or cold, according to preference
- Choose coarse salt or extra coarse sea salt for seasoning, to give the very creamy texture of the terrine some crunchiness.
- You can blithely replace the pink shrimp with langoustines or common shrimp.
- Flat-leaf parsley may be accompanied by a sprig of dill. If you don't add dill to the preparation, you can serve the slices from terrines with a dill base dressing.
- For example: heavy cultured cream mixed with a dill and chive mixture, and thinned with lemon juice.
- If you go for the salmon terrine, try serving it accompanied by a shot of whisky. It's a spectacular way to open your guests' appetite.
Share this recipe