01.01.2003 -main course - beef
Steak Tartare or Brussels-style Steak Tartare
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
As the name suggests, this recipe is a variation of steak tartare
enjoyed by the Bruxellois.
It makes a wonderful lunch. »
- Put the mustard, Worcester sauce and egg yolks into a bowl
- Whisk together while slowly adding the oil. You need to drizzle in the oil very slowly while stirring constantly, as if you were making a mayonnaise
- Add the ground meat, shallots, parsley, chives and capers
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together well and serve
Like any self-respecting Belgian, the only possible accompaniments to your steak tartare are French fries and a beer.
As for the capers, I recommend that you use very small ones, as they are easier to mix in.
A few drops of Tabasco sauce will add some heat to this dish.
Share this recipe