01.01.2003 -accompaniment - mushrooms
Garlic stuffed mushrooms
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
We're covering up this evening! The mushroom
caps have been filled with a delicious stuffing. Can be served as a starter
or as an accompaniment
to grilled rib steak »
Start by preparing the mushrooms
- Clean and lightly wipe the mushrooms
- Separate the caps from the stems and reserve the stems
- Pour some lemon juice on the caps so that they do not discolor
To make the stuffing
- Peel and clean the onion, and chop it roughly
- Peel the garlic, clean it and crush it roughly with the blade of a knife
- Put the onion, garlic, parsley and small cubes of butter (at room temperature) into a blender or food processor
- Blend well to obtain a nice, even consistency
- Add the mushroom stems and blend again
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the butter and garlic mixture
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto a baking sheet or oven-proof dish
- Put the mushrooms on the baking sheet and place a small knob of butter on each mushroom
- Cook for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 400°F (200°C)
- For a more esthetically pleasing result, I recommend that you use a pastry bag to stuff the mushroom caps.
- You can add a small teaspoon of grain or Dijon mustard and quarter of a Boursin cheese to the stuffing.
- Instead of seasoning the stuffing, garnish with a little fleur de sel and more finely chopped flat-leaf parsley before serving.
- For the more daring among you, try adding a delicious escargot to each mushroom.
Share this recipe