01.01.2003 -side dish - jam
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
Here's an absolutely indispensable basic recipe
all your pâtés en croûte, game and foie gras
. I love eating rillettes with this recipe »
- Peel and slice onions thinly
- Melt butter with sugar in casserole over low heat
- Add onions, cover and cook for 20 to 30 min. Onions should be quite transparent and slightly caramelized
- Add coriander, vinegar and white wine
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cook for 30 min over low heat until all liquid has evaporated
- Place in jars and store in refrigerator
SuggestionYou can also use red wine instead of white wine.
There are many versions of this recipe with red onions, pearl onions, shallots, etc. You can also replace the sugar with honey and add currants or raisins.
Onion jam is a perfect accompaniment to rillettes, pâté en croûte, pâtés, game, foie gras, etc.
Share this recipe