19.10.2008 -entrée - scallops
Scallops with mushrooms
« Scallops Send to a friend Print Send your comment
are extraordinary because they marry well with a variety of non-marine ingredients. Today, the world of the sea meets the world of mushrooms
- 2 universes that will never cease to amaze me. »
Cook the Scallops
- Shuck the fresh scallops
- Wash them under running water to remove all sand
- Separate the scallop flesh from the coral and beard (the flesh surrounding the scallop)
- Melt about 1 tbsp (20 g) butter in a very hot pan
- Add scallops and mushrooms to pan Cook 1 minute per side
- Keep warm
Prepare the Sauce
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock
- Add thyme, bay leaf, and scallop coral and beard
- Reduce by half
- Add salt and pepper to taste Strain sauce before serving
- Stand mushrooms in the center of a hot plate and sprinkle a little chopped flat-leaf parsley over them
- Arrange scallops around mushrooms and spoon sauce over them
SuggestionYou may serve this entrée with a green salad including lamb's lettuce with chervil. You could season it with, for example, a mixture of aged wine vinegar and hazelnut oil.
If you try different varieties of mushrooms, let me know as I am anxious to find the best possible choice.
I'd like to try mixing some seaweed with the mushrooms. Would mushrooms go well with a highly iodic ingredient?
Share this recipe