05.05.2008 -SALAD - POTATO
Potato salad with cumin and cilantro
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
My Moroccan uncle showed me this recipe and I must admit that I love these potatoes
bathed in cumin
oil lightly flavored with lemon
. It can be served warm or cold. I prefer the cold version, which is a really delicious addition to any cold buffet
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic cloves
- Squeeze the lemon to extract all the juice
- Remove the stalk from the cilantro and chop finely
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into large pieces of the same size
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil on high heat
- Add the pieces of potato and the garlic
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked but still firm.
- Drain the potatoes and put them straight into a large pan on medium heat
- Pour in the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin and chopped cilantro and stir well
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave on the heat for 2 minutes.
Serve warm or cold.
I strongly recommend that you leave these potatoes in their dressing in the refrigerator overnight and serve them the next day at a picnic or cold buffet to accompany some barbecued merguez sausages. I promise you it will be delicious.
I also have a recipe for small, new potatoes, oven-cooked in their jackets with cumin, which I am planning to publish here in the near future.
You can also add a small dab of anchovy paste to liven it up a bit.
Share this recipe