01.01.2003 -CHRISTMAS DISH - POULTRY
Turkey stuffed with chestnuts and foie gras
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
There is nothing more traditional than this easy recipe for turkey with chestnuts
. The cooking method ensures that the bird is tender and succulent." »
- kitchen string and a trussing needle
Preparation of ingredients
- Cut the turkey liver into small cubes, break the chestnuts into pieces, remove the skin from the white puddings, clean and cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- In a salad bowl mix the turkey liver, chestnut pieces, chopped mushrooms, white pudding flesh and foie gras. Add the egg and half of the cognac.
- Add salt and pepper, and stuff the turkey with the mixture.
- Sew up the opening with the string and trussing needle.
- Truss the turkey.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a large stewpot and add the turkey.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the turkey and drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C/Gas Mark 4).
- Place the turkey on a broiler pan and wrap it in bacon slices.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the bacon and brown the turkey skin for ¼ hour.
- Turn the oven down very low (150°F/70°C), wrap the turkey in aluminum foil and let it rest in the oven for ¼ hour.
- Carve the turkey, deglaze the broiler pan and pour the cooking juices into a small pan. Reduce for 5 minutes with the cognac.
- Place the slices of turkey onto a preheated serving dish and pour the sauce into a sauce boat. Serve.
SuggestionAccompaniment suggestions: a carrot and celery purée, potatoes and parsnips. And chestnuts warmed in butter.
Share this recipe