01.01.2003 -dessert - cake
Iced nougat Yule log with bittersweet chocolate
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
There is no such thing as a holiday
without chocolate. This recipe uses bittersweet chocolate
with contrasting crunchy and smooth textures, and bitter and sweet savors for a mouth-watering result. »
Ingredients for 4
- 1 ½ C (35 cl) of milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (25 g) of sugar
- 2 tbsp of wildflower honey
- ¾ C (15 cl) of liquid whipping cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- Soak raisins in rum.
- Toast walnuts, pine nuts and hazelnuts in a dry frying pan.
- Crush them and set aside.
- Cut butter into pieces.
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
Preparation of the log
- Melt pieces of chocolate over low heat in a bain-marie.
- Add butter one piece at a time while stirring constantly to obtain a smooth cream.
- Add egg yolks one at a time while stirring constantly, then add dried fruit and drained raisins.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually add the pinch of salt and sugar.
- Fold egg whites into chocolate one spoonful at a time using a spatula.
- Put parchment paper into the cake mold, fill with chocolate and dried fruit mixture and freeze for 3 hours.
- Prepare custard by boiling milk, beat egg yolks with sugar and gradually stir into the milk.
- Return to low heat while constantly stirring until the cream covers the spatula.
- Let cool until warm and add honey. When it is completely cool, whip liquid cream and add to custard.
- Set aside.
- Remove cake mold from freezer and refrigerate at the beginning of the meal.
- Unmold the mixture in a serving bowl just before serving and slice using a knife dipped in hot water, pour honey cream around the log.
- Or more simply, serve individual slices of nougat with honey cream.
Share this recipe