01.01.2003 -beef - foie gras
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
A musician composes a gastronomic creation
and we end up with the symphony of flavors of Tournedos Rossini. As an historic aside, it really was Rossini himself, who had his moments as a gastronome, who put together this opulent recipe, which tunes up beef
, foie gras
and Madeira: the synopsis of a whole menu in a single dish. »
- 4 7oz (200 g) tournedos
- 4 escalopes raw duck, foie gras, 3 to 3½oz (100 g) each
- 1 truffle 40/50 g
- 1 1/3 tbsp (2 cl) grape seed oil
- 2 tsp (10 g) butter
- fleur de sel and pepper
- 2 2/3 tbsp (4 cl) Madeira
- 1 1/3 tbsp (2 cl) Cognac
- 7 tbsp (10 cl) demiglace veal
- 2 2/3 tbsp (4 cl) truffle juice
- 3 tbsp (40 g) butter
- Brush truffles and cut 4 good slices of truffle.
- Chop the remainder of the truffle
- Heat grape seed oil in frying pan over high heat
- Sear tournedos in frying pan on first side for 3 minutes
- Turn tournedos
- Melt 2 tsp (10 g) butter on top, salt with fleur de sel and pepper.
- Cook 3 minutes
- Remove tournedos from fire and set aside on hot grill. Let meat rest, making sure not to let them soak in their cooking juices. You can also put meat on a face down platter so the juice runs under the platter.
Preparation of sauce
- Dispose of fat from cooking tournedos and deglaze frying pan over high heat with the Madeira and cognac.
- Add veal demiglace, meat's cooking juices and truffle juice and
- Reduce to half
- Add rest of chopped truffle.
- Let cook 2 more minutes
- Add 3½ tbsp (50 g) creamed, softened butter and mix well
- Fry escalopes of foie gras in very hot frying pan for 30 to 45 seconds on each side.
- Place tournedos in center of heated plate
- Place slice of fried foie gras on top of meat
- Sprinkle a dash of fleur de sel on foie gras and add a turn of the peppermill
- Place slice of truffle on foie gras
- Pour sauce around meat.
SuggestionAs an accompaniment, I especially recommend slices of potatoes sautéed in duck fat or goose fat
Cooking time for tournedos should be 3 min for rare. If you prefer them medium, cook 6 min on each side.
Salers beef will work splendidly for your tournedos
Share this recipe