14.06.2008 -dessert - tiramisu
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
The authentic recipe for this scrumptiously creamy Italian cake
. It's child's play to make and the easiest way to delight your guests at the end of a meal. »
- Break eggs and separate egg whites from yolks.
- Whiten egg yolks, gradually adding brown and vanilla sugars.
- Mix well, adding sugar to obtain an even, foamy mixture.
- Add mascarpone to eggs and mix with a whisk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into egg / mascarpone mixture. Fold in carefully with a spatula, lifting mixture gently. Make sure egg whites do not collapse.
- In a deep dish, mix coffee with marsala
- Dip lady fingers briefly in dish. Do not allow lady fingers to soak too long or they
- will turn to mush. The inside of the lady fingers should remain dry.
- Line bottom of terrine or dish with a layer of lady fingers.
- Cover layer of lady fingers with mascarpone and egg mixture.
- Alternate layers of lady fingers and cream.
- End with a layer of cream.
- Refrigerate dish for 4 hours.
- Serve portions sprinkled with unsweetened cocoa.
Share this recipe