01.01.2003 -dessert - panna cotta
Panna cotta with strawberry and cardamom coulis
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
This classic recipe for cool, fragrant Italian panna cotta is always welcome at the end of a meal. Today, we combine it with strawberries
and the queen of spices, cardamom! »
Preparation of ingredients :
- Wash and remove stems from strawberries.
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl filled with cold water.
- Cut vanilla bean in two lengthwise.
- Wash mint leaves, wipe them and dip them in sugar, put on a plate and refrigerate.
- Pour cream into a saucepan with the vanilla bean and sugar, mix and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove vanilla and add gelatin sheets that have been hand squeezed, mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour cream into a mold or individual ramekins.
- Refrigerate to cool and set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Over low heat, reduce water, sugar and cardamom to half.
- Put strawberries into syrup and cook for 5 minutes, mix well and cool.
- Unmold cream onto a platter or on individual plates, pour strawberry coulis over cream and decorate with whole strawberries and frosted mint leaves just before serving.
SuggestionSprinkle desserts with crushed long pepper and you will see how a dash of pepper adds a delicious taste to such a lovely dessert
Suggested drink or winesWine suggestion: very sweet wine
Share this recipe