01.01.2003 -starter - beef
Beef Carpaccio with Aged Balsamic Vinegar and Cubeb Pepper Salad
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
This makes a light, fresh starter to any meal with its melt-in-the-mouth meat and crunchy salad
To prepare the ingredients
- Crush the pepper in a mortar
- Wrap the meat tightly in plastic wrap and leave it in the freezer for 1 hour
- Wash the salad
- Use a very sharp knife or an electric knife to cut thin slices from your beef fillet.
- Mix the olive oil with the pepper
- Arrange some slices of beef in a fan shape on one side of each plate, with the mixed salad next to it
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle some balsamic vinegar onto the meat and the salad
- Decorate the plate with a few more drops of balsamic vinegar and sprinkle the carpaccio with sesame seeds.
SuggestionIf you happen to be in Brussels and are looking for cubeb pepper (tailed pepper) or any other type of pepper, I highly recommend the Claire Fontaine grocery store in Rue Ernest Allard in the Sablon district. It’s a real Ali Baba’s cave.
Share this recipe