01.01.2003 -dessert - tart
« A superb dessert for summer, when the blueberries are ripe and tasty. »
Send to a friend Print Send your comment
||Dessert – tart – blueberries – almonds - pastry
|Level of difficulty
||Preparation: 10 minutes + 10 minutes for the dough the day before - Cooking: 20 minutes
- 2/5 cup (90 g) butter
- 2/5 cup (50 g) icing sugar
- ½ oz (15 g) ground almonds
- 1 1/5 cups (150 g) flour
- 1 egg
- ½ lb (250 g) blueberries
- ¼ cup (30 g) icing sugar
To prepare the ingredients
- Make the dough the day before, or in the morning for the same evening
- Use the tips of your fingers to soften the butter, and then add the icing sugar, ground almonds, egg and flour, without working the dough too much
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator
- When you are ready to make the cake, wash the blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator
- On a floured countertop, use a rolling pin to roll out the pastry to a thickness of 1/5″ (3 mm) and lay it in a buttered flan dish (preferably with a removable bottom)
- Prebake for about 15 minutes. The dough should turn a light golden color (not brown)
- Remove the flan dish from the oven and spread the blueberries onto the dough in a thick layer. Put back in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar
- Let it cool down in the flan dish.
The tart can be accompanied by a yoghurt, verbena or lemon balm ice cream.
Hints and tips
If you have a craving for blueberries in the middle of winter, you can use frozen blueberries, but be careful, as they release a lot more juice during cooking.
Drain them and keep the juice to make a syrup or a coulis.
You can also use pastry rings instead of a flan dish.
Share this recipe