01.01.2003 -dessert - pie
Apricot Pie with almonds
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
Nice, golden brown apricots
on a crunchy olive oil shortcrust pastry
, sprinkled with white bursts of almonds, and you'll have the whole of Provence on your plate. »
For 1 pie:
- 1 ¼ cups (150 g) flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 1/3 oz (1 dl water)
- 15 apricots
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 1/3 oz (100 g) slivered almonds
- 2 cubeb peppercorns
Preparation of pie dough
- Pour flour into terrine, made a well and add salt, olive oil and water
- Mix ingredients with fingers to combine thoroughly
- Make a ball and refrigerate 1 hour.
Preparation of apricot pie
- Preheat oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
- Wash apricots, cut in half, and remove pits
- Spread dough in oiled earthenware mold
- Arrange some almonds and apricot halves in the shape of a rosette; sprinkle with slivered almonds and superfine sugar.
- Put in oven and cook 25 min.
- Once removed from the oven, sprinkle with crushed tailed pepper (Cubeb pepper)
SuggestionI also like sprinkling crushed pistachios on the pie and a few sprigs of fresh mint. The recipe can also be made with puff pastry
Suggested drink or winesThe ideal accompaniment to this pie is a "Baumes de Venise" Muscat.
Share this recipe