01.01.2003 -dessert - chocolate
Crêpes with chocolate
Send to a friend Print Send your comment
||Dessert - breakfast - Candlemass- crêpes - cocoa - chocolate - beer
|Level of difficulty
||Preparation for crêpe batter (the day before): 10 minutes – Cooking (the day of serving): 25 minutes – Preparation for the chocolate sauce: 10 minutes – Cooking: 12 minutes
For 10 to 12 crêpes:
Ingredients for crêpe batter with cocoa:
- 1 C (95 g) of flour
- 2 tbsp (20 g) of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp (20 g) of sugar
- 1 C (25 cl) of whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ C (6 cl) of light beer
- 2 tbsp (30 g) of melted butter
- Sunflower oil (to grease the frying pan)
Ingredients for the chocolate sauce (Yields: ½ qt (50 cl) of sauce):
- 4 ½ oz (130 g) of chocolate 70% cocoa minimum
- 1 C (25 cl) of water
- 7 tbsp (70 g) of sugar
- 4 fl oz (12.5 cl) of heavy cream
Preparation for crêpe batter (to prepare the day before):
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Pour milk into another bowl and add eggs, beer and melted butter. Mix well, without beating.
- Then add in several times the mixture of flour, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Stir well to obtain a rather thin batter. Then refrigerate.
Preparation of chocolate sauce (to prepare the day of serving):
- Break chocolate into pieces using the flat side of a large knife.
- Then put chocolate pieces in a saucepan, add water, sugar and cream. Mix well with a wooden spatula.
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat while continuing to stir mixture.
- Reduce sauce over low heat for about ten minutes, stirring constantly until sauce is slightly thick and sticks to a spatula. Set aside and keep warm.
Cooking the crêpes (to prepare the day of serving) :
- Remove batter from refrigerator and check consistency: if it seems too thick to you (it should run easily), add a little milk. If on the contrary, it is too liquid, add a little flour. Mix well.
- Pour a small amount of sunflower oil in a small bowl.
- Use paper towel and oil to grease a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Then pour a ladle of crêpe batter in the frying pan while tipping it to spread the batter evenly over the entire surface. Do not use too much batter to obtain rather thin crêpes.
- After about one minute, use a spatula to release the crêpe from the frying pan.
- Then turn the crêpe over in the frying pan to cook the other side for one minute.
- At the end of cooking, slide crêpe onto a plate and renew operation to cook other crêpes.
- Serve as soon as the crêpes are ready, each one adding a few spoonfuls of hot chocolate sauce.
Share this recipe