01.01.2003 -dessert - lemon
Lemon granité from Amalfi (Naples, Sorrento)
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
Fresh and superbly fragrant due to the intensity of the Amalfi lemon
. As these lemons are not easy to find, you can also choose lemons
from Nice, but always unwaxed in order to use the zests. »
- 4 nice Amalfi lemons
- 5 ½ oz (150 g) caster sugar
- 6 ¾ fl oz (20 cl) water
- In a saucepan, mix the water and the caster sugar and bring to a boil
- Keep boiling, lowering the heat a little, until the sugar is melted
- Remove from heat and cool
- Grate the lemon zests, chop half, and leave the others in strips
- Squeeze the lemons
- Pour the filtered juice in the syrup along with the chopped zests
- Pour into a container and place in the freezer for one hour
- At the end of one hour, pour the mixture in a mixing bowl and mix, then put back in the freezer for 30 more minutes
You can serve this granité in cups and decorate them with the zest strips that you previously removed, as well as some small leaves of lemon verbena.
You can also pour some Limoncello (lemon liquor) over the granité.
I suggest that between May and June you travel to the Naples and Sorrento region, as well as the whole Amalfi coast to discover the lemon trees bearing these magnificent lemons. These lemon trees also cover the island of Capri where magnificent perfumes and soaps are made from them.
Share this recipe