01.01.2003 -dessert - chocolate
Chocolate mousse with Earl Grey tea
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
I really like recipes that use tea as a spice. Thanks to this chocolate mousse
recipe, you'll discover how well chocolate and tea go together. »
- 5 oz (150 g) dark chocolate (75% cocoa)
- 1 ¼ cups (30 cl) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup(30 g) confectioner's sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 ½ teaspoons Earl Grey tea
- In mortar, grind tea leaves to a very fine powder
- Break chocolate into small pieces
- Melt pieces of chocolate in double boiler or in a pan over very low heat
- Beat egg whites until very stiff, adding confectioner's sugar at end
- Whip cream and add ground tea at end
- Pour melted chocolate into cream whipped with tea, making sure to mix very gently. To make it easier, add chocolate little by little.
- Mix stiffly beaten egg whites with chocolate cream, stirring very gently with a spatula.
- Pour chocolate mousse into individual ramekins and refrigerate 4 hours.
SuggestionYou can try all sorts of tea with this recipe. You can use berry-flavored teas, green tea, strong or weak black tea... I'm sure you can come up with plenty of ideas.
You can decorate the mousse with a little fresh mint leaf or with berries. If you're feeling daring, you can spread dark chocolate and pepper icing on your mousse
Serve the mousse with a green tea cookie for a spoon.
Share this recipe