01.01.2003 -dessert - chocolate
Spanish-style chocolate cream
« I found this dessert in an old recipe book from my grandmother; its aroma reminds one of a child's birthday party and licking the preparing bowl clean. » Send to a friend Print Send your comment
- 7 oz (200 g) confectionery chocolate
- 3 ¼ cups (75 cl ) milk
- 1 spoonful flour
- 1 tbsp (12 g) sugar
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a bain marie
- Boil the milk
- Remove a glass of boiling milk and mix the spoonful of flour into it.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the boiling milk
- Stir the mixture well
- Add again the milk that you mixed the flour with and continue to stir until a sufficient consistency is reached ( a little like a custard filling, about 5 minutes)
- Next, melt the sugar into a caramel syrup and mix into the cream to give it taste and color
- Pour into the small individual custard cups and allow to cool
SuggestionI love to serve this chocolat cream with some pink peppercorns or a small dollop of heavy whipping cream from a pastry bag.
I also love to sprinkle everything with chocolate shavings.
Share this recipe