01.01.2003 -dessert - chocolate
Express chocolate cream
Nothing but chocolate
! I don’t know how it could be simpler or quicker. Despite its apparent simplicity, it is probably the best recipe for tasting all of the power of cocoa
. I love recipes where their flavors are at their fullest. »
Send to a friend Print Send your comment
||dessert - chocolate - cream - mint
|Level of difficulty
||Preparation: 10 minutes – Resting: 2 to 3 hours
- Break chocolate into pieces and gently melt it over a bain-marie
- Pour half of the cream into a skillet and bring it to a boil
- Remove from heat as soon as it starts to bubble
- Pour melted chocolate and whip it for 3 minutes until cool.
- Beat the remaining cream with the whisk until it is light and frothy (almost like whipped cream).
- With a spatula, gently fold the cream into the chocolate cream. It is important to lift the cream gently so that it does not lose its air.
- Pour the chocolate cream into individual ramekins or small glass bowls
- Place a fresh mint leaf on top.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours
Why not decorate the cream with some red berries when they are in season
The usual suggestions for chocolate mousse apply to this recipe as well. You may add some crushed pepper, rum, coffee liqueur and, why not, some chopped walnuts and hazelnuts. In short, an endless number of variations.
You may also infuse a vanilla bean in your cream a bit like the recipe for chocolate cream with vanilla.
You may also beat the cream like real whipped cream, adding a trace of sugar, but personally, I am not a fan for adding extra sugar to a chocolate dessert.
I suggest making a little more whipped cream and decorating each mousse with a dollop before serving.