01.01.2003 -dessert - sweet
Choco-Cinnamon Marzipan Squares
« A delectable idea for tea-time. »
Send to a friend Print Send your comment
||Treat – candy - Marzipan – Cinnamon – Chocolate – Almonds
|Level of difficulty
||Preparation: 15 minutes - Cooking: 5 minutes
Yield: Around 30 small squares
- ½ lb (250 g) home-made marzipan (see recipe on this site)
- 5 oz (150 g) whole blanched almonds
- 7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- Ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp acacia honey
- Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180°C)
- Place almonds on baking sheet and grill them in hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove almonds from oven, cool a few minutes, then crush using flat side of knife. Set aside.
- Spread homemade marzipan in a thick layer (1/2 – 3/4 inch) on work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar to prevent dough from sticking.
- Cut marzipan layer into small 1/2 inch squares.
- Melt chocolate pieces in a double boiler, adding a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Then, using a fork, dip each marzipan square into melted chocolate and place on cooling rack.
- In another saucepan, heat honey with a pinch of ground cinnamon and 2 tbsp water. When mixture foams, add almond pieces, stirring constantly and removing from heat.
- Arrange a few honeyed almond pieces on each marzipan square and cool 15 minutes.
SuggestionThese marzipan bites keep for a week in a sealed container.
Share this recipe