01.01.2003 -terrines - scallops
« Send to a friend Print Send your comment
A very impressive terrine
… A concentration of scallops to be served as an appetizer to a blue-shelled lobster from Brittany. This recipe will be perfect for your holiday banquets. »
- Pour meat from 15 scallops in blender and add 1tsp (5g) salt
- Blend until it is a fine, creamy mixture.
- Add 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- Add softened butter and pepper
- Blend quickly so that the mixture remains in the blender for the shortest time possible
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Cut 6 scallops and corals in small cubes
- Remove the mousse from the refrigerator and add pieces of scallops and corals. Gently mix using a spatula.
- Pour mixture into a terrine that has been buttered or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in bain marie for 40 minutes in the oven heated to 340°F (170°C). The bain marie should be up to ¾ of the terrine’s depth.
- Let cool before trying to unmold.
SuggestionYou can serve the terrine cold or warm, with mayonnaise made with walnut oil or a little cream sauce with saffron.
Scallops go well with so many things that I am sure you will have many of your own ideas. Just take a look at all of the recipes that have been suggested on blog-appétit n°1 – Scallops and leeks
You can also serve this terrine like carpaccio by combining thin slices of Parma ham with thin slices of Scallop terrine. Drizzle some walnut oil and aged balsamic on top and sprinkle with cooking salt and crushed hazelnuts.
Share this recipe